VMware Cloud Community
DFRJB
Contributor
Contributor

Download files to upgrde 5.5 to 6 - what files

i have today

VMware vSphere 5.5 Enterprise and vCenter Server 5.5 Standard installed.

I have a guy coming tomorrow (on the clock) so i would like to be prepared 🙂

can anyone please tell me exact what files to download so that i could download the files so that they are ready for him.

There is a lot off files under 6.0 and would like to be sure to download the correct ones.

I thinks this one+

ESXi ISO image (Includes VMware Tools)

Name:   VMware-VMvisor-Installer-201706001-5572656.x86_64.iso

Release Date: 2017-07-11

Build Number: 5572656

and this one?

VMware vCenter Server 6.0 Update 3d and modules for Windows

Name:   VMware-VIMSetup-all-6.0.0-7464194.iso

Release Date: 2018-01-09

Build Number: 7464194

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello

You can go head an download the esxi and Vcenter server mentioned in your post and that should be enough

Regards

Yuvaraj

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Are you upgrading vCenter to the Windows version or migrating to the appliance? And if your server vendor is one of the more popular ones, you should be using their customized ISO and not the generic one you referenced.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Keep in mind these files are not large and if you have professional services form a VAR, MSP, or individual contractor coming on sight. Just rely on their expertise to choose the right files. The time saved by choosing the correct files outweighs the time lost downloading those files.

Take plenty of notes and learn from the person coming onsite. They will likely follow best practices for this project.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos