VMware Cloud Community
suhail39
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to Capture Events after deploying multi-machine through single blue print

Hello Everyone,

I have a blueprint to create 2 machines from template, and also i have created a event subscription to capture the properties of both the deployed machines and pass to vRO, since the condtions of the event subscription is as follows:

pastedImage_0.png

for which the event is called twice, since there is 2 virtual machines deployed in a single blueprint and in-turn workflow in the vRO is called twice which misleads the entire operation.

I need a solution, where i can deploy 2 virtual machines in sinlge Blueprint, further which the event subscription has to pass the properties of both the VM's information at once to vRO, and the workflow is executed once with success results.

Kindly, Please do help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That's not how it works, and it's going to pass it twice to vRO because your EBS condition is matched twice for every deployment. Your vRO workflow will need to take this into account somehow (whatever it does).

0 Kudos
unhappyvra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Or - you can create event subscription for "Catalog item request completed", get "deploymentid" (hint - it is actually "bindingid", but you can easy translate it into Dep ID --> VM-children of this deployment), translate them to VCAC:VM, get they properties --> Profit Smiley Happy

Long story short - daphnissov​ gave a good advice, his approach looks better.

0 Kudos
suhail39
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The vRO workflow is suppose to capture the VMnames assinged and create shared Harddisk VMDK's, as i was trying in vRO to make use of "ForEach element Workflow".

if you can suggest me, if i can capture machine names from vRA and pass to vRO, that would be a great help.!!!!

0 Kudos
suhail39
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

unhappyvra​ Well, if you can breakdown the structure and help me understand, how to achieve, it would be better understanding to achieve my goal.

0 Kudos