VMware Cloud Community
Muzzy30
Contributor
Contributor

Problem vcenter

Witam Wszystkich

To mój pierwszy post na forum więc proszę mnie poprawic jeśli pytanie jest dodane tu gdzie nie potrzeba

Jestem użytkownikiem VMware Server Appliance 6.5.0.1100

jedna z moich maszyn wirtualnych bardzo ważnych uległa awarii a mianowicie serwer informuje że potrzebuje skonsolidowac dysk maszyny wirtualnej

po uruchomieniu konsolidacji poprzez zakładkę  migawki i konsolidacja otrzymuje komunikat

Unable to access file  since it is locked

An error occurred while consolidating disks: One or more disks are busy.

próbowałem już wielu rozwiązań przepinanie urządzenia na inny serwer zamiana pliku dysku maszyny niestety nic nie pomogło bardzo bym prosił o jakieś pomysły lub quide w celu naprawy

pozdrawiam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello Muzzy30​.

Welcome to Communities! Some useful info on participating here:

https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-12286

If you wish to ask questions in Polish then I would advise posting here:

Polish

But likely you will have more luck with getting answers on the vSphere main Communities posting in English:

VMware vSphere™

Is this running on vSAN? (I ask as you posted this in vSAN)

In general, snapshot issues on vSAN are an order of magnitude rarer than they are on VMFS for various reasons - 99% of the time it seems to be 3rd-party back-up solutions as cause (as opposed to ~90% on VMFS).

(Paraphrasing via Google Translate):

"one of my very important virtual machines has crashed"

Did the datastore that this resides on run out of space due to too much snapshot data or did this crash for some other reason?

If it ran out of space then move something else of this datastore or use vmkfstools to clone the snapshot-chain + base-disk to a new datastore with enough free space.

"Unable to access file since it is locked"

You can identify exactly which file in a snapshot chain is locked via SSH (to the host that the VM is registered on) by checking each of the disks in the snapshot chain of the locked disk e.g.:

# cd /vmfs/volumes/Datastore1/VM1/

# vmkfstools -D VM1-000001.vmdk

# vmkfstools -D VM1.vmdk

# vmkfstools -q -v10 VM1-000001.vmdk

# vmkfstools -q -v10 VM1.vmdk

You can check which snapshot is currently the end-of-chain disk(s) attached to the VM by checking the .vmx:

# cat VM1.vmx | grep vmdk

And the next snapshot in the chain can be identified by examining the vmdk files:

# cat VM1-000001.vmdk | grep Hint

Once you find the disk/snapshot that is locked you can identify the locking process using:

# lsof | grep VM1-flat.vmdk

(or lsof | grep VM1-000001-delta.vmdk for snapshots)

Unfortunately you may need to run this on all hosts that have access to this storage to identify the locking process which can then be manually stopped (as you should know what it is) or killed via the CLI.

Bob

0 Kudos