VMware Cloud Community
poptarts
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configuration Issue

Hello all,

My current situation is this: "HA has initiated a failover in cluster MAINS in datacenter MAINS_DC"

We have two vcenters VC01 and VC02, we have about 14 to 16 blades it all provides redundancy. currently, VC02 migrated itself to a blade that doesn't have connectivity, but you can ping it. I'm trying to figure out how to migrate vc02 VM from a blade that has no connectivity to a blade that does. Also if there's an easy fix to fix the blade that also could help. when going into the blade via vsphere I can connect to it and I can ping it. vc02 that is hosted on that blade has its own IP but I can not ping it but I can open a vm console and see that it is own but when you try to log in "There is currently no logon servers available to service this logon request" my current troubleshooting steps is to console into the blade it self but I feel like that wouldn't relaly help. My ultimate goal is to try to move vc02 from .50 blade to .40 blade since I know that blade I know has connectivity.

in vmsphere we have vc01 and vc02 as the top tier when you expand you have a folder

expand the folder you have MAINS_DC datastore

expand that you have MAINS cluster then all the host(blades) and vms

in vsphere vc01 has this setup and vc02 so they are seperate and they host seperate blades.

I'm in the Navy so this stuff is presetup for you, you are supposed to get the training to manage it I just am unclear what to do and looking for some guidance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
poptarts
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I apologize for the late response, but what I had to do with the .50 blade was take off and readd the digital NIC and then was able to transfer vc02 over to a more health blade. Thank you all who commented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
poptarts
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

when connecting to VC01 where you can see both vc01 and vc02 expanded with all the datacenters and clusters belonging to both you get a: "there are issues communicating with the following vcenter server: vc02.fqdn unable to connect to remote server" error message and the only expanded info you see is for VC01 and not VC02

hope this makes sense I will clarify if need be

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Hello poptarts​,

Welcome to Communities! Some useful info on participating here:

https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-12286

So when you log in to vSphere Client/Web Client on VC01 you don't see host '.50 blade' in inventory and you cannot connect it?

Have you tried connecting it with its Ip address as opposed to its FQDN?

If you can't connect it with IP:

Is the VM 'VC02' stored on shared storage accessible by the other host('.40 blade') you want to move it to?

If it is then you can just power it down, un-register it from inventory and re-register it on the other host ('.40 blade').

Bob

0 Kudos
poptarts
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I apologize for the late response, but what I had to do with the .50 blade was take off and readd the digital NIC and then was able to transfer vc02 over to a more health blade. Thank you all who commented.

0 Kudos