VMware Communities
puffadder
Contributor
Contributor

BSOD BAD_POOL_CALLER Workstation Pro 12

I am running a virtual Win 7 Pro sp1 computer using vmware workstation v12 Pro v12.5.9 build-7535481. I am getting a bsod BAD_POOL_CALLER all of a sudden. Need some help pretty please! Not sure what info you need. Here is a link to speccy which shows the hardware of this virtual machine.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/dNBkWxrijaxHzhbtWHeqKN6

Not sure what to do. The computer will boot and be fine for a random amount of time. Then all of a sudden it will BSOD. Could be 10 minutes and it's gone as long as a day and then BSOD'd. Let me know if there is other info I can provide.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

I assume that the BSOD is occurring on the VM and not on the host machine.

From the looks of the speccy link you are using 32-bit Windows 7 with BitDefender 2017 antivirus.

There were problems reported with VMware Workstation 12.5.x when the BitDefender 2017 is running on the host (a symptom was black screen on the VM). BitDefender 2017 has some virtualisation features that seem to be in conflict when running on the host and the solution was to uninstall BitDefender 2017.

Assuming that the BSOD is on the VM, you could try uninstalling BitDefender 2017 from the VM and see whether the BSOD still occurs.

vsserv.exe

Process ID:

User:

SYSTEM

Domain:

NT AUTHORITY

Path:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017\vsserv.exe

Memory Usage:

328 MB

Peak Memory Usage:

338 MB