VMware Horizon Community
chcino
Contributor
Contributor

Multi-Tenanted Printing / Scanning

Hi All,

I was wondering how people deal with multi-tenanted printing when using Horizion or VDI in general.

Are there any products that stand out?

Also, I wonder if anyone has got any experience using USB scanners with Horizion, most likely TWAIN devices we may want to reuse once we deploy VDI.

Thanks in advance,

M

Tags (3)
4 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If this is for onsite, I recommend PrinterLogic. You will never know how you got by without it. It is very friendly to multi-tenant, any driver setup you want, and access control for everything.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
chcino
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks TechMassey,

I'll have a look at this as I've been asking around and it seems like onsite multi-tenanted printing isn't that common when operating with domains where no trusts exist. There are a few cloud providers around but this is going to be 100% on-premise in a secure environment.

M

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

+1 for PrinterLogic

TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That is exactly our situation and PrinterLogic was a game changer. Help Desk in particular is ecstatic at the easy level of provisioning when users move to new locations. I'm particularly impressed with the driver support, especially Mac. It all works very well, in fact in the last 2 years I'm not aware of any specific issue.

The only other vendor I have that good is Nimble Storage.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos