VMware Cloud Community
vcptobe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

System architecture for VMware environment

Recently started a role where they are looking for system architecture diagrams for VMware environment

They have a 5.5 and 6.5 environment they are vMotioning every every vm over the next few months

Does anyone have a template for what should be included on this?

I am doing it for AD and Exchange as well,

A rough walkthrough of the format and a test attachment would be really appreciated

I have VMware vSphere Design which does go into documentation and is a great resource

VMware vSphere Design : Forbes Guthrie : 9781118407912

Thought I would ask here to check as well

Cheers, (I haven't used this for a while I am VCP Smiley Happy )

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Recently started a role where they are looking for system architecture diagrams for VMware environment

They have a 5.5 and 6.5 environment they are vMotioning every every vm over the next few months

Does anyone have a template for what should be included on this?

Not clear what you're looking for here. It sounds like they're doing a migration from a 5.5 environment to a new 6.5 environment. Are you asking for how the migration gets documented as far as a visual diagram goes? Or something else? Can you clarify?

vcptobe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks at the moment the requirement is quite broad its system architecture diagrams for the 6.5 environment

vCenter, Cluster, Hosts, installation, support guidelines, licensing , storage, network etc just looking to see what would be included from someones experience here

0 Kudos
vcptobe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My background would be VMware solely tll 3 years ago, i kept up certification (Have 5.1, 5.5 and 6.0 VCP) but a little out of practice

Working in Azure, AD, really for past few years, so any advice much appreciated

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

vcptobe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks very much will take a look Smiley Happy

0 Kudos