VMware Cloud Community
Kibs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter license move

Veeam backup could not connect to the the vcenter server appliance. For a quick fix I have deleted the VM and redeployed. I have completed the configuration but go to install the license I get a warning that the license is present in another vcenter server system. If I assign the license the configuration will become non-compliant. How can I assign the license without being non-compliant?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you only have a single entitlement to vCenter, and that vCenter has been deleted, you can reassign that license to a new vCenter and still be compliant. If this isn't what you're asking, please clarify where you're adding this license and if Veeam is complaining or vCenter is.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you only have a single entitlement to vCenter, and that vCenter has been deleted, you can reassign that license to a new vCenter and still be compliant. If this isn't what you're asking, please clarify where you're adding this license and if Veeam is complaining or vCenter is.

0 Kudos
ashwin_prakash
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should be able to generate a new license key from the My VMware portal, when you select downgrade and upgrade the license key back to the same version.

The Old license key would be invalid once you have the new license key generated.

Sincerely,
Ashwin Prakash
Skyline Support Moderator
0 Kudos
Yuva_1990
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

We should be able to apply the license from the old appliance to the newly deployed appliance since the old is not active

0 Kudos