VMware Communities
whitenoiz1
Contributor
Contributor

Deactivating/customizing shortcuts like CTRL+E

My main development environment is LabVIEW and CTRL+E is the central shortcut for navigating between Frontpanel and Blockdiagram there. Can anyone imagine how many times I threw the off-switch on my dev environment in full flow yesterday alone!? Coming from VMware Fusion/OSX it didn't bother me that much, but now on Win10 as a host OS those shortcuts coincide and I really find it an outrage that for years on end VMware won't let users customize those shortcuts or at least allow to deactivate them. They're superfluous to an average VMware Workstation user and not only disrupt my workflow but could also harm my project files and data - as if that ain't reason enough.

Please have mercy

Markus

PS: ...and NO...even if I could, I'm NOT entering a request in the WS feature request system as suggested here more than FIVE YEARS ago!!! https://communities.vmware.com/thread/416353?q=CTRL%20%20%20E

0 Kudos
1 Reply
whitenoiz1
Contributor
Contributor

Also just now I found out that when I hit CTRL-R, a dialog will pop-up asking me whether I want to proceed with the OS restart. That same dialog would already be quite helpful with CTRL-E. How come it's not in place?

Best regards
Markus

0 Kudos