VMware Edu & Cert Community
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Success with "VMware Certification Exam Prep: VCP6.5–DCV v6.5 Exams (2V0-622 / 2V0-622D)"?

Has anyone taken this training: VMware Certification Exam Prep: VCP6.5–DCV v6.5 Exams (2V0-622 / 2V0-622D)?

Has it helped when taking the exam?  Was it worth the price as opposed to one of the other recommended courses?  Can you add a review?

I ask because investing roughly $300.00 sounds more appealing than the approximately $3,000.00 to $6,000.00 each for the other recommendations (online or classroom).

I have set up vSphere 6.5 on my home network and I have done a bit of additional studying.  I just want to avoid having to take the test multiple times...

Many thanks!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, the exam prep course does NOT meet the training requirement for VCP6.5-DCV, as stated on the exam prep course page: VMware Certification Exam Prep: VCP6.5 – Data Center Virtualization v6.5 Exam (2V0-622/2V0-622D)

"Exam Preps do not meet or fulfill the course requirement required for VMware Certification."

Details of the training requirements are under Path 1 here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you, Scott.  I saw that; but it is listed as a recommended course for those already holding a VCP 6 as myself... 

I was hoping for a review from someone who took the training.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I see.

You might want to start with looking at the exam guide - link on this page: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization Exam

There are some useful community resources also:

VCP6.5-DCV Practice Exams - The SLOG – SimonLong/Blog

https://www.vladan.fr/vcp65-dcv/

Download VMware VCP6.5-DCV Study Guide

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
TheJohnBailey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Scott,

I apologize if my previous messages were not clear.  Please don't regard this as negative.  I am simply trying to economize on my very scarce training budget.

Perhaps a bit of biographical information would be useful.

I have been involved with VMware since Workstation 4.5 was new (2005?).  I earned my first VCP when ESX 2.5 was the thing (2006).  I skipped 3.x and got back into the swing of things when I was called upon to install vSphere 4.1 and SRM at a pair of customer sites (2009).  I updated my VCP with tests on 5.0 (2012) and 5.5 (2014).  I took an unplanned break due to health issues in much of 2016 and 2017; but came back and passed the 6.0 Delta exam (02017).

I have been studying vSphere 6.5 off-and-on (between work and cancer treatments and etc.) since the tests came out of beta.  I have followed advice found online and installed it on a Dell Optiplex 990 with a i5-5400 CPU, 16GB RAM, and various hard drives (USB and spinning disks).  I have installed it under Workstation on a generic PC with a Core2Quad 8300 and 8GB RAM.  I work in an environment where I can use different versions of both vCenter and vRealize to see how older versions of vSphere are configured and managed in "production" environments.

In short, I have "hands-on" experience.  I have studied the materials.  I am considered the VMware expert on my team (though we do not manage the environment ourselves).

Before "dropping back 10 and punting" (i.e., taking and passing the -621D), I attempted the -622 exam twice in 2017.  Both versions were different than each other as well as previous VCP exams.  Both were different from materials covered in the MeasureUp practice tests.  And, without going into further detail on the test/questions, I want to avoid throwing away any more money.

I have an updated copy of the Blueprint and copied the links in the OP from VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization Delta Exam.

I just want to know if anyone here took the 6.5 Exam Prep training and whether they believe it was helpful in directing their study.

0 Kudos