VMware Communities
ballang
Contributor
Contributor

switching between host os and virtual screen without using the mouse challenge

Hello Everyone,

I'll try to be explicit and clear about what I'm trying to achieve.

As an introduction, I love the keyboard so much I try not to use the mouse as much as possible, especially in a programming environment where I use a lot of shortcuts and typing.

When I am in the virtual screen and I have to go back on Windows I simply hit CTRL+ALT and ALT+TAB to get back to the last window in my host os.

Now when I want to go back to the virtual screen, I hit ALT+TAB but now I have to use my mouse and click one time in the inner as to give the focus to the virtualization environment of Vmware. This is just one click of course but I switch really a lot between both the screens and this is the only moment where I use the mouse which is quite annoying if you think about it.

Is there a way to remove this mouse step and tell Vmware to directly focus in the os when the entire screen gets on focus after ALT+TAB ? I searched in the option and I couldn't find, maybe this is something I can tweak in the configuration file, but I couldn't find there too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

To replace the one time mouse click with keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+G.

0 Kudos
ballang
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer but this doesn't work, I am using Windows 10 for information.

0 Kudos
ballang
Contributor
Contributor

Now I understand why it doesn't work, I added this line in my vmware configuration file :

pref.vmplayer.fullscreen.nobar = 1

When using the fullscreen mode without the bar, the shortcut CTRL+G doesn't work. This is unfortunate, any workarounds :smileyconfused: ?

0 Kudos