VMware Cloud Community
priscillagr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stress - Analysys window for interactive/batch workloads

Hello!

I am on a path of understanding really well vRealize Operations so I can make better use of the solution. In my studies I realized that the Stress badge is really important as it is used to calculate capacity/time remaining and all of those recommendations for oversized/undersized virtual machines.

So, out-of-the-box, the stress is calculated by looking for the worst hour in a 30 day window. So the analysys windows is one hour. If we change this window to a bigger size, we get a more normalized average (and maybe a lower score badge).

What I'm having trouble understanding is why an interactive workload (so, pretty constant but it may have spikes if there is too much requests) would require a one hour analysys windows and a batck workload would require a bigger window, let's say, 240 minutes windows.

Can someone explain to me the relation between type of workload and the size of analysys window?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
priscillagr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So apparently we don't have the stress badge anymore. vROPs 6.7 went on and simplified everything for us!

0 Kudos