VMware Horizon Community
fralmeida
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Linux View Client - problems after upgrading version 4.2

Hello all

I hope someone has run into this also and found a solution!

We use machines with CentOS 6.9 32bit and View client 4.2.

These machines are installed via a custom made kickstart file that among other things installs the view client with the needed modules like usb redirection and others.

The machine boots to the graphical env and then opens the view client without the user needed to login, like a Kiosk mode.

Since the version 4.5 is out i tried to just replace the source installer and kept all the other things intact and all works as expected but the USB redirection.

The OS sees the USB devices plugged in and they are available but within View no USB is available, like nothing is connected. The usb arbitrator is up and running.

Anyone has had the same issue?

Thanks

Fred

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fralmeida
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So for someone that follows the same route as me:

-> i am using kickstart/centos6.8 OS/spacewalk management server/view4.7 linux/ usb and usb smart card reader

Fully automated installation from USB key/network repository; no input needed on installer; auto connected to the management server

In order for the smart-card redirection to work you need to auto login to the graphical environment. I tested all possibilities and nothing worked unless like that, even thought all services/deamons were running. Running the client in login window like before will not work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fralmeida
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Here is the part of the kickstart file concerning the view install:

env TERM=dumb VMWARE_EULAS_AGREED=yes ./VMware-Horizon-Client-4.6.0-6617224.x86.bundle --console --set-setting vmware-horizon-usb usbEnable yes --set-setting vmware-horizon-virtual-printing tpEnable no --set-setting vmware-horizon-smartcard smartcardEnable yes --set-setting vmware-horizon-rtav rtavEnable yes --set-setting vmware-horizon-tsdr tsdrEnable no

Again if the file to install is the version 4.2 it works perfectly, if i use any other above version usb redirection does not work.

0 Kudos
fralmeida
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

And now even more interesting...

With version 4.5/4.6/4.7 if the client runs before the user login to the gdm it does not work, if you login to graphical env and then start view client USB works.

Does this means something to anyone?

usb arbitrator service is running either cases.

0 Kudos
fralmeida
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So for someone that follows the same route as me:

-> i am using kickstart/centos6.8 OS/spacewalk management server/view4.7 linux/ usb and usb smart card reader

Fully automated installation from USB key/network repository; no input needed on installer; auto connected to the management server

In order for the smart-card redirection to work you need to auto login to the graphical environment. I tested all possibilities and nothing worked unless like that, even thought all services/deamons were running. Running the client in login window like before will not work.

0 Kudos