VMware Cloud Community
ccowan8
Contributor
Contributor

Can you do this: Server.findAllForType("VR:VcToVcSourceGroup", "") ?

Trying to do lookup by name against a list of VcToVcSourceGroup candidates.    Server.findAllForType() has worked with other objects, but I must doing something wrong.

I've looked through the VRPlugin via the API Explorer and Dr Ruud's and Flores' site, nothing obvious.  (But, I'm a noob).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Server.findAllForType() doesn't work automatically for all possible types; there should be some code implemented by the plug-in to allow a given type to be properly supported.

In this case, not all VR model types are 'findable'. If I'm looking at the right place, it seems only StandaloneOrg, Site, VcRemoteSite and CloudVdcRemoteSite types are supported.

0 Kudos
ccowan8
Contributor
Contributor

That's disappointing.   I was playing with this and still at a dead end.   Looking for a way to produce this GID-UUID combo, but can't seem to find

8544f9a3-efdf-4d32-9c95-e371c6d2d0d1.   Any ideas on what this uuid is assigned to?   

# curl ............  /vco/api/catalog/VR/VcToVcSourceGroup/" | jq

{

"link": [],

"total": 0

}

# curl ................

/vco/api/catalog/VR/VcToVcSourceGroup/GID-8544f9a3-efdf-4d32-9c95-e371c6d2d0d1/" | jq

{

"attributes": [

{

"value": "15",

"name": "rpo"

},

{

"value": "GID-8544f9a3-efdf-4d32-9c95-e371c6d2d0d1",

"name": "dunesId"

},

{

"value": "VcToVcSourceGroup",

"name": "@type"

},

{

"value": "christest2",

"name": "name"

},

{

"value": "VcToVcSourceGroup",

"name": "type"

}

],

"href": "https://192.168.1.1:8281/vco/api/catalog/VR/VcToVcSourceGroup/GID-8544f9a3-efdf-4d32-9c95-e371c6d2d0..."

}

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No idea; this plug-in is not developed and supported by vRO team, so I'm not very familiar with its internals.

0 Kudos
ccowan8
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to find the VcToVcSourceGroup entry by generating a list of Remote Sites, then calling the getReplications() method.    Not ideal, but it works.

0 Kudos