VMware Cloud Community
ccowan8
Contributor
Contributor

How do I read the replication config for a VM actively being replicated?

So, there's a call to configure replication (and an action in the examples), and there's VRReplicationSettings object for passing along the flags, like RPO.

How do I read the replication config of an assigned VM?

I'm still stumbling around the API and VR Plugin doc (and doing google searches, hoping to find an example).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ccowan8
Contributor
Contributor

After playing with VRO and researching the "Dr. Ruurd and Flores" site, I'm convinced that this can't be currently done with the VR Plugin.  

Would appreciate hearing from someone, if they know differently.  

0 Kudos
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I was a little curious about this since the vRO plugins are generally built with a good awareness of each other so thought it weird that the VR plugin didn't have any "query / report" capability. It struck me that since the VR is integrating with VC then perhaps the VR tasks delivered by that plugin are just updating data in VC for each target VM?

This is total guess-work on my part since I'm no expert in VC but....

I took a look @ vSphere 6.5 plugin and found this scripting class on the vroapi.com site

VcReplicationConfigSpec

Since the VR plugin references the VM ID for any configuration tasks, perhaps you just need to cross-reference via the VM ID to load in this class? I don't have access to an environment using this so can't check if there's any value here

VcHbrManager.hbrRetrieveReplicationConfig(VcVirtualMachine arg0) might be worth a look?

Anyway, HTH

0 Kudos