VMware Horizon Community
jeffj2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Size of VCSA appliance for View

Hi. We are starting a View 7 deployment as a pilot to hopefully go production. We only have 1,000 View licenses now. But I imagine that would expand. When I deploy the VCSA v6.5 appliance, do I still choose the size of the appliance based the number of possible desktop vms we may have at one time? We have the Enterprise license so we do play on using Instant Clones.

Our computer vCenter infrastructure uses all Medium deployments. I am just thinking if I ever go over 4,000 View licenses if I would need the Large vCenter deployment. Thanks,,,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would size it based on the total # of desktops/hosts it is expected to support.  If you're not sure that you will expand beyond 1,000, it is possible to resize the VCSA in the future.  There are blog articles on how to do it, but I'd clear it with support first.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would size it based on the total # of desktops/hosts it is expected to support.  If you're not sure that you will expand beyond 1,000, it is possible to resize the VCSA in the future.  There are blog articles on how to do it, but I'd clear it with support first.

jeffj2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi. Thank you very much. I will use a medium. Thanks,,,

0 Kudos