VMware Cloud Community
Virtualduty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Multipathing policy and one path down scenerio

Multipathing policy "Round Robin" is configured on my datastores with two active paths. My storage guy plans to perform SAN switch migration from one vendor to another and it will be one switch at a time activity. I need to understand what will be the impact on my luns and ESXi host when they bring down one of the SAN switch and when they bring both the switch up post the activity.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wonlliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi there,

that's the reason of using multipathing. In the event of one path down the host will continue to use the other path and report on path "dead".

After reestablishing the connection the host will sync the path with the array and revert it to "active"

I would suggest to reach out to the storage vendor and check the latest compatible best practice guide for VMware hosts using multipath.

Best regards

www.hyper-converged.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wonlliv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi there,

that's the reason of using multipathing. In the event of one path down the host will continue to use the other path and report on path "dead".

After reestablishing the connection the host will sync the path with the array and revert it to "active"

I would suggest to reach out to the storage vendor and check the latest compatible best practice guide for VMware hosts using multipath.

Best regards

www.hyper-converged.com
0 Kudos