VMware Communities
migan
Contributor
Contributor

Can't open VMWare Fusion 7

Hi

When i try to open my VMWare Fusion 7 i only come to the installations screen to install a new copy of Windows?!

In the folder "Virtual Machines" in "Documents" there is a file called "Windows 8 x64.vmwarevm" and it's over 52GB large.

I have tried to install a new copy of Fusion 7 over the old one, but with no success.

Is there a way to regain access to my Windows?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

What is your OS X / macOS version ?

If it is higher then macOS Yosemite then beware that Fusion 7 is not likely to work correctly.

On macOS High Sierra I don't think you will be able to run a VM at all. On Sierra I expect you to bump into some crashes every now and then.

See also: Supported host operating systems for VMware Fusion and VMware Fusion Pro (2088571)

If you are using a current macOS version then beware that for High Sierra you need Fusion 10 and that Fusion 10 has new hardware requirements.

System Requirements for Fusion

If you want to test the newer version to see if it is worth your spending you can install and run a 30 day fully functional version before actually committing to spending anything.

After the 30 days, you buy a license to change the installed Fusion into an unlimited version.

Fusion evaluation (download link at the bottom)

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos