VMware Horizon Community
rongk
Contributor
Contributor

Have Horzion 6.1 with pools and need to stop Internet Explorer from opening a second tab with the image starts up

Hey all,

I have Horizon 6.1 with link cloned pools and need to stop Internet Explorer from opening a second tab, " default IE tab"  when the image starts up from the pool and the vmware adobe flash optimizer add in

I have the default page for our shop floor application define in the gold image but when we have to restart or do patch maintenance on the servers  the issue comes up every time and then we have to go around and answer all of these each time on each station.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get this issue resolved ??

TIA

Ron

ie.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Try using group policy to set the homepage

https://serverfault.com/questions/588031/how-to-set-the-internet-explorer-home-page-via-gpo

the homepage is set per user, so unless you create a mandatory profile everyone uses, you need to use something that sets it for everyone. Another open is if you have access to a tool like VMware User Environment Manager you can do something similar.

0 Kudos
rongk
Contributor
Contributor

I have the homepage set up I just need to stop the other stuff from popping up so that just the home page shows

0 Kudos
danflynn
Contributor
Contributor

You can either set the following registry key in the parent image or use a group policy

Registry Key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"DisableFirstRunCustomize"=dword:00000001

Group Policy

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer.

“Prevent running First Run wizard”

Set to "Enable"

0 Kudos