2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2018 4:10 AM by DMalt719

Installing vSphere Client 5.1 on Windows 10 fails

DMalt719 Lurker

Has anyone come across this.  I am running a virtual machine running Windows 10 using Fusion.  Every time I try to install the client, I get an Internal Error 28173.  -2146498529, after which time, the install fails.  I have tried to do a fresh Windows install but no more success than before.  What is strange is that I have a Windows 10 virtual machine that does have the client installed.  Problem is that there are some other things wrong with it and I need to create a fresh machine.

Any thoughts or suggestions are VERY welcome.

David

• 1. Re: Installing vSphere Client 5.1 on Windows 10 fails
          daphnissov Guru
          Community WarriorsvExpert

You may be out of luck here as the 5.1 C# client is definitely not compatible with Windows 10. You can try some of the C++ redistributable libraries to see if this may be fixable with those, but ultimately you might need to use an earlier version of Windows if you absolutely must connect to vSphere/ESXi 5.1 (which is also out of support now).

• 2. Re: Installing vSphere Client 5.1 on Windows 10 fails
            DMalt719 Lurker

I think you may be correct.  I know that this is not a Microsoft forum though I'm hoping that someone might have run across this.  I tried to add in the windows feature ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0).  The problem is that after I click the checkbox and reboot, the checkbox is still empty.

I'm guessing group policy though I'm hoping that someone might have run across this in the past and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the assistance.

David