VMware Cloud Community
jgee3
Contributor
Contributor

vRealize Orchestrator

I am unable to change the datatype of an attribute in Orchestrator. When I click the current type, a window is supposed to pop up. From here, I can choose a data type. This window doesn't pop up. Sometimes it works. Most of the time it doesn't. Sometimes it would start working again if I closed Orchestrator and reopened it. This is no longer working. The issue also follows me from computer to computer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you sure the workflow containing the attribute is editable, and is opened for edit?

0 Kudos
jgee3
Contributor
Contributor

Yes. We have two Orchestrator servers, say Orch1 and Orch2. The problem for me only exists on Orch1. From the same workstation I can open a connection to each of the servers, two seperate instances of the Orchestrator client running. I can edit datatypes on Orch2 just fine. I am unable to edit on Orch1. 

Yes. I just saw this on the Resolved issues for version 7.3:

• You cannot edit the input parameter type field when editing a workflow if the Orchestrator client has been active for more than 20 minutes.
    If you have been working with the Orchestrator client for more than 20 minutes and you start editing a workflow, you can no longer modify the type of an input parameter.

I'm stuck with version 7.1 for the time being. Is there anything I can do as a work around?

0 Kudos
eservent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Jgee3,

Maybe you face the same issue as explained in this thread : Cant change type of parameters

It's due to CompositeType in this case.

Emmanuel.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Emmanuel.
0 Kudos