VMware Communities
RANA31
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

BIOS settings

Hey Guys,

I enabled the bios for win10 to start my VM but it gives me this. I do not know the problem, Any help?

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

did the VM work before that, i.e. did you already install Window on the virtual machine?

If you are trying to install Windows from the virtual CD-ROM drive (physical, or an ISO image). make sure that the drive is in a "Connected" state, i.e. enable "Connect at Poer On".

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

did the VM work before that, i.e. did you already install Window on the virtual machine?

If you are trying to install Windows from the virtual CD-ROM drive (physical, or an ISO image). make sure that the drive is in a "Connected" state, i.e. enable "Connect at Poer On".

André

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This looks to me like you either
- have not installed any operating system yet
- or you switched the firmware of the VM from BIOS to EFI
The last option will not work.
If you want firmware=EFI you must select this option before you install your guest.

0 Kudos
RANA31
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello
What I understand from your answer that I must connect a removable drive to install win10 or select the iso while creating new VM. Am I right?

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes - easiest option: assign an ISO-file and make sure it is "connected at power on"

0 Kudos