VMware Cloud Community
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VOA / .pak files from Salesforce Partner Central outdated with vROps 6.6

Dear community,

over the last two years I have regularly used the VOA files for vROps without any problems, it seems to me that the version currently online available 6.1.0000001 is not compatible with the vROps 6.6 installation. No errors occured during the installation but yet no [VOA] / [Phase x] reports are shown and no views have been created.

In a VOA example video I saw this week I noticed that in a newly deployed environment that Arrow ECS presented the solution version was 6.1.0000006. The file I have been using is version 6.1.0000001. Does anyone know if there is a new version of the .pak file out that I could use for vROps v6.6?

Thanks in advance

NC

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hjelmar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

The lates available VOA .Pak file available from Partner Central is indeed 6.1.0000001. I have it installed on a vRops 6.6.1.6163035 installation with no issues what so ever, so this should indeed stil work. All reports populates just fine in my case, and views is also installed correctly..                 

/Kenneth

"I don’t know why people hire architects and then tell them what to do.”
0 Kudos
NelsonCandela
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Kenneth,

many thanks for your efforts to installing it in your environment and letting me know.

Anyway that's too bad as the one I am running in a customer's environment caused the original issue I was talking about which I haven't been able to resolve 😐 I contacted the Sales team in parallel but haven't received any reply so far.

One question:

Have you had the environment before (6.0, 6.1 etc.) and updated it to the current version or was your vROps 6.6 install a fresh one?

BR

NC

0 Kudos
elopezvaldez
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same problem here, I really want to demostrate my customers the whole capabilities of vROps, but the VOA .pak doesn´t work with 6.6, hope someone could help us out with this...

0 Kudos
Patrick490
Contributor
Contributor

Deploying an additional (newer) appliance with build number 6309506 did solve our issue! After that we were able to successfully import the .pak file and run the reports!

0 Kudos