Contributor
Contributor

Cannot update VMware Tools

Hello,

I'm using:

VMware Player 12.5.9 build 7535481

VMware Tools 10.1.6 build-5214329.

Guest OS is Windows 10 Pro version 1709 build 16299.192

Acording to this https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1008360 under Resolution topic, step 3:

3. Check that VMware Tools is installed in the virtual machine and running the correct version. The version listed in the toolbox application must match the version of the product hosting the virtual machine. To access the toolbox, double-click the VMware icon in the notification area on the task bar, or run vmware-toolbox in Linux. Some VMware products indicate when the version does not match by displaying a message below the console view. For more information on installing VMware Tools, see Overview of VMware Tools (340).

I tried to update VMware Tools using top bar > Player > Help > Software Updates but get "No pending updates" message.

After that, I tried top bar > Player > Manage > Reinstall VMware Tools then removed VMware Tools and reinstalled it but version/build remains the same.

It seems there's no new VMware Tools version to match VMware Player version as stated in step 3 above.

These version numbers matching is the first thing I'm checking, since I'm having slowness problems (VM extremely slow at startup ).

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
0 Replies