VMware Edu & Cert Community
Francesco_F
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP6-DCV Requirments Clarification

Hi All,

I'm actually a VCP6-NV and I want to go to VCP6-DCV, If I pass the exam 2V0-621 I will earn the VCP6-DCV without attending any course ?

In the VCP6-DCV certification page in "Existing Candidate Requirments" tab, Path 2 reports "If you hold a VCP5 certification for any solution track that has not expired"

In the VCP6.5-DCV certification page in "Existing Candidate Requirments" tab, Path 2 reports "If you hold a VCP6 certification for any solution track that has not expired"

I don't have any VCP5 cert, so if I don't want to attend any course I'm forced to choose the 6.5 version ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I believe you're fine with your plan to achieve VCP6-DCV.

You are a current VCP (VCP6-NV is the latest for NV, and yours has not expired), so you can achieve a VCP in any other track by passing only the VCP exam for that track (as opposed to a delta exam or having to also passing the foundations exam).

The recertification policy states that current VCPs can recertify by earning a new VCP in a different track.

If you want to be absolutely certain, email certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I believe you're fine with your plan to achieve VCP6-DCV.

You are a current VCP (VCP6-NV is the latest for NV, and yours has not expired), so you can achieve a VCP in any other track by passing only the VCP exam for that track (as opposed to a delta exam or having to also passing the foundations exam).

The recertification policy states that current VCPs can recertify by earning a new VCP in a different track.

If you want to be absolutely certain, email certification@vmware.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
arsalanisani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Francesco,

Did you manage to send email to "certifications@vmware.com" and confirm this path ? I am also planning to take VCP6-DCV after VCP6-NV and not attend the training.

Waiting for your reply,

Regards,

Arsalan

0 Kudos
Francesco_F
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Arsalan,

actually I did sent an email to certification@vmware.com and they confirmed to me that going from VCP6-NV to VCP6-DCV does not require any course, just pass the exam.

Hope this help.

Regards

Francesco

arsalanisani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Franseco,

Thank you for your kind help.

Regards,

Arsalan

0 Kudos