VMware Horizon Community
Wimp777
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Appvolumes Exclusions for application

I have an application (Imageright) that is mainly a store for images and documents (.pdfs, eml, txt files etc). Whether I put the application in the base image or an appstack. Everything will be working except one minor piece with viewing attachments of an eml file inside the software. I have had VMware take a look and we added exclusions to an appstack and attached it to my machine. The exclusions allow the attachments to show but in turn break the printing to PDF for the application. The application does have a PDf printer that it installs as well as its own print service. In prior versions of Appvolumes I had to add exclusions for the PDF printer, however that issue has been fixed since 2.12 to my knowledge.

My understanding is that adding exclusions will tell the agent to skip over these files and not bring them into the finalized appstack? Stopping the Appvolumes service will allow everything to function the way I need it to. Restart the service and the attachments will no longer display.

exclude_process_path=\Program Files\ImageRight\Clients\imageright.desktop.exe

exclude_path=\Program Files\ImageRight\Clients\

exclude_path=\Program Files\ImageRight

pastedImage_0.png

Horizon 7.3.2

Appvolumes 2.13

UEM 9.2.1

Windows 7 32Bit instant clones

0 Kudos
1 Reply
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Adding the exclusion will tell the appstack to not process that exclusion as well as bypass the filter driver for app volumes. Are you only on the 2.13 release or the 2.13.x? There was a bug fix for office recently.

Things I would try:

Try unassigning your apps one at a time to see if it resolves the issue

Use procmon (sysinternals) to see if maybe you need to exclude something else.

Try clearing out the system writable volume:

Volume Behavior Parameters

To test this, I would stop the service, delete everything out of C:\svroot, reboot and see if it works. (Backup up your system first)

0 Kudos