We are using VC version 188.8.131.5200
NSX Manager <--> vCenter registration, Is the vCenter that the NSX Managers 6.3 and 6.4 are registering to the same vCenter VM? Since at one time there can be only one NSX Manager registered to and the NSX Managers are seperate, how is the deRegistration of 6.3 done before registering 6.4? Points may be:
- DNS --> both forward and reverse should be resolved on both NSX Managers and vCenter
- NTP --> Time should be synchronized
Also what error is seen if instead of through API request, GUI registration is through NSX Manager Web is configured?
If for 6.3 there are Controllers, hosts are prepared and configurations done on NSX manager there could be additional steps needed for Unregistering NSX Manager from the vCenter through Invoke method:
Safely Remove an NSX Installation
A complete uninstall of NSX removes host VIBs, the NSX Manager, controllers, all VXLAN configuration, logical switches, logical routers, NSX firewall, Guest Introspection, and the vCenter NSX plug in. Make sure to follow the steps for all hosts in the cluster. VMware recommends that you uninstall the network virtualization components from a cluster before removing the NSX plug-in from vCenter Server.
6. For the vCenter on which you want to remove the NSX Manager plug-in, log in to the managed object browser at https://your_vc_server/mob.
7. Click Content.For example:
10. Enter the string com.vmware.vShieldManager and click on Invoke Method.
11. If you are running the vSphere 6 vCenter Appliance, launch the console and enable the BASH shell under Troubleshooting Mode Options.
Another way to enable the BASH shell is to log in as root and run the shell.set --enabled true command.
12. Delete the vSphere Web Client directories for NSX and then restart the Web Client service.The vSphere Web Client directories for NSX are called com.vmware.vShieldManager.** and are located as follows:
- vCenter Server 5.x
- Windows 2003 – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\
- Windows 2008/2012 – %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance – /var/lib/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/
- vCenter Server 6.0.x
- Windows 2008/2012 – C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\
- VMware vCenter Server Appliance – /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/
For vCenter Server Appliance, run the service vsphere-client restart command in the appliance shell.For Windows-based vCenter, run services.msc, right-click vSphere Web Client, and click Start.
The NSX Manager plug-in is removed from vCenter. To confirm, log out of vCenter and log back in.
The NSX Manager plug-in Networking & Security icon no longer appears on the Home screen in the vCenter Web Client.
Go to Administration > Client Plug-Ins and verify that the list of plug-ins does not include NSX User Interface plugin.
check virgo logs on vcenter "find . iname ""virgo". and search for vShield.
Playing with extensions is last thing that need to be done , first verify what is going on , before delete extensions .