VMware Cloud Community
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCACCAFEPageOdataRequest

I would like to pull a list of all users in a business group including those accounts who are members through an AD group. The query below works fine up to the 100 member limit.  I can't figure out a way to get around it. I could use a quick loop if I could figure out how many results have been returned as an integer.  Arghhh!!  Any thoughts on how to do this?

function getUsersInGroup(tenant, adGroup, authenticationGroupService) {

var query = new vCACCAFEOdataQuery();

var myvCACCAFEPageOdataRequest = new vCACCAFEPageOdataRequest(1 , 1000 , query);

return authenticationGroupService.getUsersInGroup(tenant, adGroup, null, myvCACCAFEPageOdataRequest);

}

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Check if the following KB is applicable - https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2149013

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Running 7.3 now. My search results has 121 entries but I only get the first 100.  I've tried, found the following:

Looping - Would work if I could enumerate exactly how many objects are returned on the page. This seems like the most logical but...

Filter - Doesn't seem to apply as I want everything returned.

pagination / page  - Not sure how this could apply as I have found no examples.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Pagination queries should be relatively easy. In the code you provided, just wrap the second and the third line in a loop, then on each loop iteration increase the page number (the first argument to vCACCAFEPageOdataRequest() constructor) by 1, and exit the loop when the call to getUsersInGroup() returns no items.

0 Kudos
eservent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello BillStreet00,

I had a similar problem, and I used direct API call to retrieve all users of a group, something like that I use currently :

var client = vcaccafeHost.createAuthenticationClient();

var groupService = client.getAuthenticationGroupService();

var groupPrincipalId = new vCACCAFEPrincipalId(groupName, vcaccafeHost.tenant);

var group = groupService.getGroupByPrincipalId(vcaccafeHost.tenant, groupPrincipalId);

var groupUrl = "/tenants/" + vcaccafeHost.tenant + "/groups/" + group.getFqdn() + "/users?expandGroups=true";

var limitByPage = 90; // DO NOT EXCEED 90, BECAUSE MAX SYSTEM VALUE IS 101 AND PAGE INDEX FUNCTIONALITY DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!

var resourcesUrl = function(page) {

var queryUrl = "?limit="+ limitByPage + "&page=" + page;

if(query) {

queryUrl += "&" + query;

}

if(filter) {

queryUrl += "&$filter=" + filter;

}

if(orderBy) {

queryUrl += "&$orderby=" + orderBy; // &$orderby=dateCreated asc Bug if no order specified, resource appeared twice and some missing !!!

}

return queryUrl;

};

var idxPage = 1;

var requestUrl = groupUrl + resourcesUrl(idxPage);

var response = client.get(requestUrl);

var responseJson = response.getBodyAsJson();

And in the JSON, you can find some metadata about pages :

- responseJson.metadata.totalPages

- responseJson.links

You can loop with this information.

Unfortunately :

- sometimes the json response is bad formatted (That's failed !!!) and I use getBodyAsString, clean and JSON.parse() ...

- sometimes, with some API request url, you don't have metadata or links...So I just retry until I receive no results !

- if you don't add orderBy query parameter, you can have duplication and some users missing

- Do not try to use a limit over than 99, everything will failed

Emmanuel.

If my answer resolved or helped you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful to award points. Thank you! Emmanuel.
0 Kudos