VMware Cloud Community
Kritik
Contributor
Contributor

I cant upgrade last ESXi

Hello. I installed the free versión ESXi that can be found in download web. I needed to customize the iso adding a net driver. Now its ok.

But i find ESXi-Customizer-PS and it download the last versión of ESXi from VMWare servers, that is not what i can find in the web. Downloading in this way i can use a newer versión, and i preffer it. Then i download last 6.5 ISO and customize with same net driver. But when i go to upgrade my ESXi, the install program dont find any support to install. No one HD is found. Then i cannot install a new instalation and i cannot upgrade my actual installation.

The first ESXi was installed in a new nVME Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB, but i have a second SSD drive Samsung 850 EVO 500GB. And the last compilation doesn`t find any of them.

I have been told it can be by UEFI system in disks... but i dont know if i have disabled it correctly in disks. My motherboard is a ASUS B150M-A/M.2 and i dont know how to disable it exactly. I found a place to disable all UEFI system, not in each disk, for all disk. But doing this way, the installation continues not finding any disk.

I dont know if i disconected UEFI correctly, and i dont know if this is the problem, and i dont know how to resolve it to be able to upgrade my ESXi.

I can add photos if its necesary.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
illvilja
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Verify that you have a driver for your storage controller. ESXi 6.5 doesn't support the same hardware as ESXi 6.0.

0 Kudos
Kritik
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, sorry but i think i have explanated bad way. Both installations are 6.5

The installation i have installed now from VMWare downloads web is the built 6.5a (4887370) and the one i cannot install from store downloaded with ESXi-Customizer-PS is 6.5 Patch 2 (7388607)

0 Kudos