VMware Cloud Community
Shocko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HTML Email Alerts in Operations Manager

is it possible to send HTML formatted emails in operations manager?

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Have you had a look at this fling?

Shocko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link to the fling. Am I missing something though? How does it help create HTML alerts?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Can you explain what you want. your original post said "HTML formatted emails" now you want HTML alerts?

A bit more detail and we should be able to help

0 Kudos
Shocko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I want to create an alert in vRops that sends a HTML formatted E-mail but to have some control over that formatting i.e. layout, coloring etc.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

The fling is all you have. The fling will allow you to change what is in the mail and is in a slightly different format than the native one.

As for creating a customer branded email template i dont think you can

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It's too bad the fling doesn't allow you to edit the template directly instead of just add/removing fields.  If you use the REST API to create templates you can include HTML and inline CSS to format them.  It's not as easy as using the fling, but it's possible to do a lot more customization.  Here are some good references:

vRops 6.x and Email Templates - KB2125759 in practice

VMware Knowledge Base

Hopefully this will be built into the product UI some time in the future.  I originally did this before the fling was created and only did some basic formatting and coloring of text, but I would think that any HTML/CSS that your email client supports should work.