VMware Cloud Community
moserandrew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VRA 7.3 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Blueprint Fails to deploy

VRA 7.3 with a blueprint that deploys Windows 7/10/2012R2/2016 using component profiles for image/size, from snapshot, linked clones.  I recently updated my Windows 10 snapshot to the fall creator's update, 1709.   When I deploy thru VRA, Windows 10 never runs the customization to sysprep, domain join, assign an IP, etc...   The VM does deploy, it just hangs out there with no sysprep until eventually the job fails with the following error:

The following component requests failed: vSphere__VM. Request failed: Machine VRA-ATC-0000177: Timeout customizing machine.

If I roll back my snap to pre-1709, everything still works fine.  Is there a way to get this working in VRA 7.3? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moserandrew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Figured this out once I got back to it.  Running sysprep on an upgraded OS is not supported scenario by MS, even within OS family (Win 10 > Win 10 Creators).   Since that was my scenario, I downloaded the new ISO with creators update included, and things are working again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
moserandrew
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Figured this out once I got back to it.  Running sysprep on an upgraded OS is not supported scenario by MS, even within OS family (Win 10 > Win 10 Creators).   Since that was my scenario, I downloaded the new ISO with creators update included, and things are working again.

0 Kudos