VMware Cloud Community
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ESXi

Hello

i would like to download the ESXi ISO image for Oracle SUN server but i am not able to find it in the list below from vmware website

a.png

where can i find it ?

thank you in advance Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

any updates please ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If the site (your screenshot) doesn't list a custom image, then you may either check the vendor's web page to find out whether he offers a customized installation image, or go with the default VMware image.

André

0 Kudos
AhmadMDS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

from the vendor website (Installing VMware ESXi Installable, it direct me to vmware website to download the ESXi iso image but as you can see it is not listed in the screenshot i sent.

and what is the default VMware image and where can i find it ? does it work on most hardware ? or should i do something to prepare it in order to work on the oracle SUN server?

thank you

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Since the vendor points to the VMware site, I assume that he's not providing a customized image. So what I'd suggest is that you register for the free Hypervisor Edition at Download VMware vSphere Hypervisor for Free, and see whether the installation works with the installation image you'll get from this link.

André

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

And also to provide some more relevant information, if the hardware you have still says "Sun" then it isn't supported on ESXi 6.5. Only those that came out after the Oracle name change are supported on ESXi 6.5.

0 Kudos