VMware Horizon Community
Ricardo64
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Office 2016

Hello,

Please help.

I've successfully installed Office 2016 x32 on a parent image using the Office Customization Tool which properly installed with the customized settings, KMS key included.

All seems to work after installation, and product is activated.

When I attempt to log into a VDI machine, I run "cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus", which provides me with the KMS server name and also verifies that the product is activated, but when I open Word, Excel, or Powerpoint, and look at the Account tab it tells me that the product isn't activated and freezes for about 5 minutes, then it refreshes itself and displays that the product is now activated. I've been trying to solve this for over a week, but have been very unsuccessful.

Thank you,

Richard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

my advice ,

check office update with windows update

View solution in original post

6 Replies
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I have seen this issue before. I don't know if you have a dedicated "installer service account" but if not I highly recommend it. Install under a non-VDI Domain Admin account. Then open and verify office activates. Reboot and delete the profile.

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

my advice ,

check office update with windows update

mmonkman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Any luck with this Richard?

I'm experiencing a similar problem; App Stack provisioning of Office 2016 Pro Plus (KMS licensing) was successful include license activation.  Instant clones fail to activate correctly.

App Volumes 2.1.3.1

Horizon 7.3.2

Non-persistent VDI: Windows 10 1709 - No writeable

App volumes agent: 2.1.3.1

Followed this technote for the config:  https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2146035

Here's what I'm seeing once the pool has been setup;

-Login to instant clone

-Open Office

-Office configuration splash screen pop's up and completes successfully.

-Run ospp.vbs /dstatus shows the OOB grace license assigned

-Run ospp.vbs /act license activates

I believe Office apps should open up without any of the configuration steps occurring or any steps having to be to be taken manually.  Same this happens with Windows 10 1607.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Ricardo64
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Doing Windows and Office updates before taking a Snapshot worked for me.

Richard

mmonkman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Richard.  Unfortunately my OS and Office builds are up to date.

0 Kudos
pbastiaans
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have a similar issue, Office 2016 suddenly prompting for activation after working well for a time. Did you resolve?

0 Kudos