VMware Cloud Community
jllotz1
Contributor
Contributor

Vsphere client shows all hosts as unlicensed. Web client displays licenses correctly.

I have a 6.0 vcenter with three clusters, and its been in production for over a year.  No recent changes to hardware, software, or licensing.

I have enterprise plus licenses on all of my hosts.

I noticed yesterday that I couldn't vmotion between any of the hosts in any of the clusters using the vsphere client.  I get a message saying "vmotion is not licensed on this host".  When I drill down to check the license on any host, it says

"Are you getting the most from your ESX Server system? You can unlock all ESX server features for up to 60 days by activating this host's evaluation period. Click here to activate the evaluation period."    

If I click edit, I can see all of my licenses, but they are grayed out since they are already in use. 

Interestingly enough, when I view the license info using the web client, everything looks as it should, and I can vmotion without issue using the web client.

What would cause this behavior with the vsphere client?

-JL
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

can you confirm vcenter and esxi  host version  and build number .

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos
jllotz1
Contributor
Contributor

vcenter server is 6.0.0 build 3634793

vSphere Client is 6.0.0 build 5112508

hosts are 6.0.0 build 3568940

-JL
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

If you have external PSC server , try to restart PSC server and check if you are able to see License .

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos