VMware Communities
VicBon
Contributor
Contributor

Problem when upgrading to Workstation Pro 14.1.1

So I am running VMware Pro version 14.1.0 and a few days ago got a message when starting up that there was a free recommended update available (Ver 14.1.1) . I download and installed the update  and after that all Win 7 virtual machines started to crash after logging in, it also happened in one of the Win 10 but only when I try to start an specific program. For the moment I solved the problem by un-checking "Accelerate 3D graphic" in the VM configuration that was previously checked.  Had this happened to any of you?  Those any one knows the solution? I found something about the driver for Win 7 being a generic MS driver, but this was a doc from the Version 10 so I don't think it have much to do with what is happening now to me.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TracyHuang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Which specific program you run on Win10? Did you also run the program on all Win7? Also what's the host OS version and GPU model?

Besides, would you please provide the vm-support package for the crashed VM, and the vmware.log, ui log as well? (To get vm-support package, please try Help -> Support -> Collect Support Data, the locations of vmware.log and ui log list here: Help -> About VMware Workstation)

Thanks!

0 Kudos