VMware Cloud Community
NicOr
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Web Client no longer shows Site Recovery Manager after upgrading vCenter to 6.0U3d

Anyone facing this problem too ? Or anyone who can point me into the direction of a solution. I have a case open with VMware. If solution is provided by them will post this here.

Txs.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What version of SRM do you have installed? And from what version of vCenter did you upgrade to your present version of 6U3d?

0 Kudos
TheBobkin
Champion
Champion

Hello NicOr,

Have you/VMware checked that port 9086 is open from vCenter to SRM and communication is functional? - This is required for the SRM Client plug-ins.

Default Port       Protocol      Source      Target     Endpoints or Consumers

9086                  HTTPS       vCenter      SRM      All management traffic to Site Recovery Manager Server goes to this port. This includes traffic by external API clients for task automation and HTTPS interface for downloading the UI plug-in and icons. This port must be accessible from the vCenter Server proxy system. Used by vSphere Web Client to download the Site Recovery Manager client plug-in.

VMware Knowledge Base

How to check ports:

VMware Knowledge Base

ESXi 6.0 U3 requires SRM 6.1.2 or higher so you may need to upgrade SRM if not done so already:

VMware Product Interoperability Matrices

Bob

0 Kudos
NicOr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Upgraded from vCenter version 6.0U3b to 6.0U3d (6.0.0.24293). SRM version was not upgraded as this was already version 6.1.2.14226.

vSphere webclient version is 6.0.0 Build 6855238

0 Kudos
NicOr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've checked the tcpports 9085/9086. Both are not in use by another application (as per How to check ports: VMware Knowledge Base​).

Is there a way to check connectivity between the vCenter server and the SRM server over ports 9085/9086 ?

0 Kudos
komanek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I had the same problem with both my vCenter servers. First of all, since vCenter 6.0u3c you need SRM 6.1.2.1, but the SRM upgrade didn't work well for me, although the installer completed successfully, SRM was unusable and according to Windows control panel both versions were installed. So I uninstalled both SRM versions without removing database and its data. Then I reinstalled SRM 6.1.2.1. Then I had to re-enter credentials to each array manager after the installation (it is apparently not stored in the SRM database, which persisted) and reconfigure site's pairing (for the sake of newly generated certificates during SRM installation ?). It seems to be working now.

David

0 Kudos