VMware Communities
willis1984
Contributor
Contributor

Workstation 14 will not allow Webex mouse control

I have recently upgraded to Workstation 14.  In the past I used workstation 12 in conjunction with cisco webex to allow 3rd party vendors to perform programming using a VM. They were able to manipulate all items inside the VM when I shared my screen and gave them mouse and keyboard control. In version 14, I give mouse control to someone in the webex but they cannot interact with anything inside the VM. They can interact with items on the host OS with no problems. Does anyone know if this is some type of bug or if there is some new type of security feature that is not allowing this. My host OS is windows 10 pro and the guest VM is windows 7 pro.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Please see the link below (from an old Workstation Documentation):

VMware Workstation Documentation Center

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
willis1984
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the knowledgebase document by enabling shared VMs in preferences but this did not solve the issue.

0 Kudos
lucienmp
Contributor
Contributor

Cisco Webex AND TeamViewer both dont work with VMware (even in boot menus).  Host O/S is Windows10.

Has anyone found a resolution to this?

If not I recommend for people like me NOT to upgrade to VMware14 until this is resolved as it makes it unusable.

0 Kudos
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We have an internal bug to track the issue. And we are working with Microsoft to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
lucienmp
Contributor
Contributor

For those interested here is mt

I found two Reasons, basically something in VMware14 had not upgraded properly.  One problem was vmx86 was old, and was causing other errors.   My solution was to follow the instructions to disable the service, reboot, rename the file, and fix the install, then reboot.  The keyboard problem only resolved itself after a good clean scrub of everything VMware and several reboots - maybe I got lucky ?

Incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys"

I still have one more PC I cant fix, if I find an adaptation of this method I will post it here.

Basically I think a full uninstall of VMware is the best solution, VMware upgrades seem somewhat touchy in my experience.

0 Kudos
Deftones883
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, but i cant resolve it.. other idea?

0 Kudos
feliperoque
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I´m still having this issue...

0 Kudos
bonnie201110141
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you try VMware Workstation 15 on Windows 10 1809 or later? It is expected to be fixed in VMware Workstation 15. Thanks!

0 Kudos
tdaskal
Contributor
Contributor

WebEx, GoToAssist, Go to Meeting all do not allow the remote user to access the mouse. This issue has existed since v14.

VMware, It's time to get this fixed

0 Kudos