VMware Cloud Community
itmv2
Contributor
Contributor

HTTP access problem after migrating Virtualbox Lubuntu machine to ESXi

I just used the VMWare standalone converter to migrate a Lubuntu 16.10 VM to my ESXi 6.5 host. The migration seemed to go well, but for some reason I'm unable to access a web application on the new VM from any other machine on the LAN. The VM has a single app running - homeassistant (home automation server). It has an SSL web console which runs on port 8123, and which I previously accessed using this URL:

https://192.168.1.120:8123

I

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you access any other services remotely hosted by this VM, or is it just the one?

0 Kudos
itmv2
Contributor
Contributor

I just discovered the problem. For some reason the new VM had 2 ethernet adapters defined. I have no idea why, as the machine it was cloned from only had 1. Anyway the 2nd adapter was picking up a DHCP address, and it seemed to override the static address that was configured for the first adapter.

It looks as if the VMWare converter program applied some “smart” logic when it configured networking for the new VM.

Anyway, I deleted the 2nd ethernet adapter and I can now access the web console from other machines on the LAN.

0 Kudos