VMware Cloud Community
Richski110
Contributor
Contributor

Problem I am having with esxi vspher

Memory limit doesn't accept the negative value -1048576---- this is the era I get when I try to open a new VM. what can cause this?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Have a look at this blog posting by Frank Denneman

http://frankdenneman.nl/2010/06/reservations-and-cpu-scheduling/

0 Kudos
ganeshgv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Richski110

Please refer this link it seems like browser issue can you please try some other browser's instead of problem occurred browser or refresh the page and try.

ITEA » ESXi 6.5 – Memory limit doesn’t accept the negative value -1048576

- Ganesh GV

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

I assume you are using an old version of the Embedded Host Client. Updating the Embedded Host Client to the latest version should fix this issue.

André

0 Kudos
techieboy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The answer that worked for me is cross posted from the other vSphere thread I found that helped me.

Re: Memory limit doesn't accept the negative value

I've pasted my response below, but the link above will take you the other Communities post so you can see the other answers as well.

I found this post and then found a few answers.  Like others have posted, updating the Embedded Host Client (aka ESX Web UI) seems to be the right answer. How do you do that?  Two ways, via the web client or the CLI.

Web Client process was shown in this video: ESXi Embedded Host Client Update - YouTube

CLI process (manual and automated) are linked below. The manual link below takes you to the VMware Labs site and should put you right on the instructions tab. If not, look for the 3rd tab across the top of the main content window and the label, "Instructions."

Manual: ESXi Embedded Host Client

At the bottom of the above VMware Labs page, there is a link that takes you to a blog post on  Brian Graf's site where he describes and walks through the process of updating the Embedded Host Client via PowerCLI. His code is posted on GitHub and his page links you there.

Automated: https://www.brianjgraf.com/2015/08/13/automate-install-embedded-host-client-esxi-fling-hosts-cluster...

I'm new to VMware Administration and found these links to be helpful. I personally updated my 4 ESX hosts via the UI, just to have that experience, but will likely use PowerCLI going forward.

Good Luck.

//Shawn