VMware Cloud Community
vladimir1974
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCenter 6.5 - alerting related to ESXi hosts hardware health is not working

Hi,

I already have three vCenter 6.5 and none of them have triggered any alert/event related to ESXi hosts hardware health changes.

I have hosts with broken disks, broken battery, broken PSU... and they all were alerting in vCenter 5.5/6.0. I can see all these issues in ESXi hots 'hardware status' tab, but none of them triggered an event/alert in vCenter.

Is there anyone who has seen hardware related alert triggered in vCenter 6.5?

I have an open support request with VMware support for last couple of months on this topic, but they haven't been helpful at all.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

lease have a look at the following links ..... There is no resolution at this time but they have confirmed the bug and are working on it.

https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2151238

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos
vladimir1974
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Randhir, but I don't think these belong to the same issue.

I can see all sensors and alerts in the ESXi host 'Hardware Status' tab, but the problem is that they are not producing any event/alert in vCenter.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
mk112
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution / workaround in the meantime?

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
kbiradar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Vladimir

I believe this will be fixed soon in upcoming releases.

As far as I know, future releases of 6.5 will have fix for the problem you are facing

This is known issue :

Hardware Status miscategorizes voltage, Storage, Processor entries, missing Hardware health  Alarm

Meanwhile, You can check Host UI for hardware sensor status for better response.

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful