VMware Networking Community
wilgee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just finished NSX class. Any study tips?

Has anybody taken NSX cert recently? I'm trying to study but i'm new to networking and it all looks so overwhelming.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you're new to networking entirely, you may want to start with basics and fundamentals like what Network+ offers before trying to wrap your head around NSX right out of the gate.

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud

You are lucky to start with SDN - Software Defined Networking (NSX) and my recommendation is to start with some CCNA material to build your basics in Physical Networking skills

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert

Start with the basics of networking with Jump start course & then with the CCNA.

Lot of basic stuffs are available in the Youtube videos to have the concepts cleared. Try to get some hands on the some of the network devices to understand how it works & play with it. If you have time & budget clear your CCNA first.

Once your basic concepts on networking is clear start with the NSX VCA6-NV. It will clear your basics.

Go through videos available on line. Its fun to learn NSX.

0 Kudos