VMware Cloud Community
rugman66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't change FQDN VCSA 6.5

Hello,

I need to change the FQDN of my 6.5 VCSA, but in both the VCSA web client logged in as the local VCSA admin account, and the VAMI when logged in as root, the FQDN is the only

parameter that I cannot change as it is greyed out in both UI's. How can I change the FQDN?

Thanks

-John

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you have deployed the VCSA with FQDN at the time of installation, that FQDN will act as PNID and service registrations will communicate with FQDN. If you have used IP address instead of FQDN, then you can change the FQDN (as the IP address acts as PNID). Unfortunately,only option is to rebuild vcenter with new FQDN.

This KB explains the same

VMware Knowledge Base

Thanks,

MS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not easily, and a lot of things will break if you were to do that including trust, certificates, and a lot of services.

0 Kudos
erikverbruggen
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the FQDN of the vCenter Server or Platform Services Controlller. See also this KB article, VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

If you have deployed the VCSA with FQDN at the time of installation, that FQDN will act as PNID and service registrations will communicate with FQDN. If you have used IP address instead of FQDN, then you can change the FQDN (as the IP address acts as PNID). Unfortunately,only option is to rebuild vcenter with new FQDN.

This KB explains the same

VMware Knowledge Base

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
rugman66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you everyone for the input. I'll update my notes with this information.

-John

0 Kudos