VMware Cloud Community
MuayThai88
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA Custom Specs Not Working

I created a custom spec in vCenter. Added the custom spec to my blueprint and created a vm from vrealize. The vm created in vCenter successfully and it got added to the domain and obtained an IP address. Today I went to create another vm with a custom hostname that I set, now the vm is not getting the specs and is not getting an IP address. I deleted the custom hostname field from my blueprint, and recreated the custom spec in vcenter. Performed a data collection in computer resources in vrealize automation. Re-added the custom spec to my blueprint and created a vm. The vm is still not getting an IP address and it is not getting added to the domain. I have the networking profile set to static in my blueprint and in the custom spec in vCenter I have the ip address set to use standard networking. I also added the domain of Home.lan and an appropriate username and password to allow the vm to join domain upon creation. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Are you positive that your blueprint configuration has the exact same name as your customization spec name? The names must match exactly. If you answer "yes", can you show your blueprint configuration and your customization spec configuration (screenshots)?

0 Kudos
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Have you tried cloning the template manually in the vSphere client using the same customization spec and hostname, IP, etc. to see if it's still successful?

Have you checked the sysprep logs on the provisioned machine to see if it encountered any errors during that process (sometimes license keys, etc. get messed up and causes sysprep to fail)

Are there any logs in vRA under Infrastructure --> Recent events, or Infrastructure --> Monitoring --> Log that indicate any issues?

0 Kudos