VMware Cloud Community
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vROps Greenfields deployment

Hi,

I've deployed greenfields vROps 6.6.1 and would like to know what I need to migrate from the old environment (6.3.0)? Custom Dashboards, etc?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

So you've stood up a new vROps 6.6 and want to manually migrate content from an earlier version? If so, the answer as far as what to migrate is "it depends" because of the vast array of customizations that could have been done. Just out of curiosity, why not do an in-place upgrade?

0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So you've stood up a new vROps 6.6 and want to manually migrate content from an earlier version?

Correct

If so, the answer as far as what to migrate is "it depends" because of the vast array of customizations that could have been done.

As I mentioned, probably just Custom Dashboards, but is there anything else to consider?

Just out of curiosity, why not do an in-place upgrade?

The previously deployed "design" wasn't in-line with  VMware Validated Designs Documentation. Was actually quite horrible. Plus we wanted a greenfields approach.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

In addition to dashboards, you may also need to migrate metric definitions, views, reports, super metrics? Multiple of these may be called as part of the dashboard. Just some things to check when inspecting the dashboards you want to export.

0 Kudos