VMware Cloud Community
cloudjk
Contributor
Contributor

vRA -> Infoblox IPAM - Error

Greatly appreciate this forum for the support and knowledge sharing! I have got another question around this vRA / vRO 7.3 Integration of Infoblox IPAM.

If I try with below properties, "Update" workflow fails with "Unable to update host record".

1. Infoblox.IPAM.createFixedAddress = FALSE
  2. Infoblox.IPAM.createAddressAndPtrRecord = FALSE
  3. Infoblox.IPAM.Network0.enableDhcp = FALSE
  4. Infoblox.IPAM.createReservation = FALSE
  5. Infoblox.IPAM.createAddressRecord = FALSE
  6. Infoblox.IPAM.Network0.enableDns = TRUE
  7. Infoblox.IPAM.createHostRecord = TRUE

Error Message: [E] (com.infoblox.ipam.vcac.util/throwIpamError) Error in (Dynamic Script Module name : throwIpamError#28) IPAM Provider Error: {"code":3000,"message":"Unable to update host record: no host records were found in IPAM. (Workflow:Update vNIC / Get unique record (item10)#1)"}

[E] Workflow execution stack:

item: 'Update/item7', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'IPAM Provider Error: {"code":3000,"message":"Unable to update host record: no host records were found in IPAM. (Workflow:Update vNIC / Get unique record (item10)#1)"} (Dynamic Script Module name : throwIpamError#28)'

workflow: 'Update' (712f2f72-701d-459a-84f5-4bbec0cbd5cc)

|  'attribute': name=attrErrorMessage type=string value=Unable to update host record: no host records were found in IPAM. (Workflow:Update vNIC / Get unique record (item10)#1)

|  'attribute': name=attrIpamConnection type=InfobloxIPAM:IpamConnection value=dunes://service.dunes.ch/CustomSDKObject?id='InfobloxETLab'&dunesName='InfobloxIPAM:IpamConnection')

Please share any thoughts and experiences you had with this integration and any helpful insight on how to successfully integrate/ recommendations/ suggestions are appreciated!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cloudjk
Contributor
Contributor

Any response or direction is appreciated!

0 Kudos
defmania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

Any luck with this? I'm kind of going through a similar situation. I'm trying to use some 3rd party custom hostname plugin and get Infoblox to update the hostname. I'm thinking of using the "Update" workflow and I created an event subscription for it, but I always get a "vRA VM is not initialized!" error.

0 Kudos
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Were you ever able to get this to work to update a DNS record using your custom hostname?

0 Kudos
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check to see if the host record you are trying to create exists, and if so, does the account have permissions to that record.  That's what i typically see when i get the 3000 error message.

0 Kudos
jburen
Expert
Expert

I recently had a similar error during a deployment of a Windows VM. Turned out is was caused by the DNS registration of the VM itself. See my post on this.

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos