VMware Horizon Community
myesko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

move master image to new datastore

Hello, We need to move our Master/Gold images from one datastore to another.  My plan was to just svmotion the master image to another datastore. 

Will View be smart enough to just work, or will i need to do anything after the move such as pointing the pool to the snapshot again?

The Snapshots do come over in the svmotion so im hoping there is nothing to do

We are using Linked Clones.

We have Horizon View version 6.24

vSphere version 5.5u3

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
myesko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I tested this out, turns out you dont have to do anything.  View was smart enough to know it moved.  So we sVmotioned our production pools and everything went fine. 

Most pools were set to refresh every night and they did so no problem after the datastore move

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The safest way would be to clone your master image to a new virtual in the new datastores. Then edit each pool to use the new master images , delete the old master image, and rename the master image back to what you wanted it.

0 Kudos
myesko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ill test this out first, ill create a test pool and try moving that master image and see what happens

Mike

0 Kudos
myesko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So I tested this out, turns out you dont have to do anything.  View was smart enough to know it moved.  So we sVmotioned our production pools and everything went fine. 

Most pools were set to refresh every night and they did so no problem after the datastore move

Mike

0 Kudos