VMware Horizon Community
andreir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Force resolution on CentOS 7 desktop

Hi all,

I'm connecting to Horizon View 7 desktop running CentOS 7 Gnome session from a client with 3000x2000 resolution and the desktop is really small. What would be a best way to force the desktop resolution to always be 1920x1200?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andreir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This helped to set the max Linux guest resolution to 1920x1024:

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon-7/7.3/linux-desktops-setup.pdf

page 23:

modify VM advanced options and set the following:

svga.autodetect="false"

svga.maxHeight="1024"

svga.maxWidth="1920"

0 Kudos
andreir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well, spoke too soon. It was good for a bit but after a reconnect the View client connection is again using 3000x2000 resolution. So setting the svga parameters in .vmx config file did not help...

Any other way to force the lower resolution in Linux Horizon View?

0 Kudos
chgonzaleze
Contributor
Contributor

If you are using thin clients to connect to the desktop you can force a resolution right from the thin client settings menu, before connecting to Horizon.

0 Kudos
andreir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm connecting using View client on Windows 10

0 Kudos
andreir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So I have "Allow display scaling" enabled in the View client and I've noticed that if I connect to the Linux desktop and get 3000x2000 resolution, I can then disable and enable "Allow display scaling" in the View client and the resolution then is changed to 1500x1000.

This looks like a bug in the agent - the display scaling setting just does not work on the initial connection but manually toggling it on the existing connection achieves the desired result.

0 Kudos