VMware Networking Community
cmezger
Contributor
Contributor

Intermittently-Dropped Packets/Connection Loss

“ I have setup a cluster with NSX and vSAN for a project. The environment consists of a single environment Edge Gateway, connected to a DLR which is then connected to a group of smaller Edge Gateways for classroom ‘pods’”

During my testing I have noticed that if the environment sits idle, I cannot ping the downstream interface on the environment Edge Gateway from a workstation in a pod. After 5 min. of performing an extended ping, things seem to ‘come up’ and the traffic gets through and out to the internet. This behavior has been tested and occurs on multiple Windows 7 machines behind different small Edges. I can ping from pod to pod and I can ping the DLR north and south interface but cannot ping beyond that.”

“Any advice would be appreciated including where to start looking and what logs might be useful.”

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please review the NSX Troubleshooting Guide - Troubleshooting NSX Edge and see if this sheds more light on the isssue. https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-NSX-for-vSphere/6.3/com.vmware.nsx.troubleshooting.doc/GUID-E6CD6F....

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos