VMware Cloud Community
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

How to kill/delete request suffering from "Failed to retrieve form from provider" [vRA+vRO 7.3]

I have a XaaS request which has resulted in a continuously spinning "Failed to retrieve form from provider" which hasn't timed-out after 12+ hours.Other than restarting the vRA appliance is there any other way to kill this request?

BTW, I am not worried about why this happened. The Event Logs clearly show a coding error on my part.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The real solution was to fix the code error in the vRO Action. As soon as I fixed the code the request page was able to render properly and then I could Cancel.

Based on what I saw here and in Recent Events and seeing no difference after rebooting the vRA appliance I'm thinking that the vRO Action kept getting triggered every time I entered the request for that particular catalog item.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Stop app-server (vRO) so it forces a failure?

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Stop app-server (vRO) so it forces a failure?

Based on this suggestion I found this: vRealize Orchestrator services graceful restart order​. Restarting Orchestrator did not fix the problem.

0 Kudos
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The real solution was to fix the code error in the vRO Action. As soon as I fixed the code the request page was able to render properly and then I could Cancel.

Based on what I saw here and in Recent Events and seeing no difference after rebooting the vRA appliance I'm thinking that the vRO Action kept getting triggered every time I entered the request for that particular catalog item.

0 Kudos