1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 2:40 AM by parmarr

IE 8 and Java 1.5 Update 8 JRE not loading

jmg_it Lurker

I am attempting to crate an IE 8 ThinApp and AppLink JRE 1.5u8 using the following articles:

Step by Step Instructions on How to ThinApp Newer Java Versions - VMware ThinApp Blog - VMware Blogs

How to package Internet Explorer 8 - VMware ThinApp Blog - VMware Blogs

Now, I have tried the AppLink approach, as well as integrating Java in IE before doing a post scan. No matter how I what I try, I always get the following message when attempting to start an applet in the IE ThinApp:

30-11-2017 08-47-22.png

In the project directory, under %ProgramFilesDir%\Java\jre1.5.0_08\bin, there is no server directory, which is correct. The server directory should only be available when installing the JDK, not the JRE. Nonetheless, I vopied the client dir and renamed it to server, but I am still receiving the same error.

I am doing all capturing on a Windows XP Sp 2 32-bit OS, and would like to run this on a Windows 7 64-bit system. I have not been able to find a solution to this problem anywhere.

I am using ThinApp Setup Capture v5.2.2

• 1. Re: IE 8 and Java 1.5 Update 8 JRE not loading
          parmarr Expert
          VMware EmployeesKnowledge Champion

This thin app issue can occur by “Apply Operating System” step in an SCCM task sequence  What this essentially does is connect the image build computer to a UNC share containing a copy of Windows 7 source media, and perform an unattended setup of the OS. As a workaround directly apply INSTALL.WIM from the source media to the build PC, as a starting point  image build process